Every now and then I make something 'just because', there is no clear reason or purpose for it other than I want to! This little floral garland was one of those makes.
I had some of the gorgeous Katia Bombay leftover from my Mindfully Floral motifs and the pretty colours were calling to me make something with them. Yep, my yarn does talk to me often, doesn't yours?
When I popped the picture up on Instagram and Facebook there was a huge amount of interest in the pattern being accessible, so here it is!
There was also some brilliant ideas on how to use the Floral Garland:
- Curtain Tie Backs - Reggie
- Necklace - Jo-Ann
- In a little girls room with fairy lights - Jodie
If you have some more ideas on how to use the Floral Garland please pop your idea into the comments section!
The yarn I have used is Katia Bombay Candy Multi.
I used a 3.5mm Clover Amour Hook.
I use UK terms throughout.
- Chain 25 and slip stitch into the fifth chain from the hook.
2. Chain 3 (at this stage your remaining 20 chains should be on the left hand side of your work if you are right handed like me) like in the photo below.
3. Move the remaining 20 chains to the right hand side of your work (if you are right handed), like in the photo below.
4. At this point we will do a small cluster stitch - Treble Crochet 2 together.
Yarn over, insert the hook into the ring, yarn over and pull up a loop, yarn over and pull through 2 loops on the hook - you should still have 2 loops remaining.
Yarn over, insert the hook into the ring, yarn over and pull up a loop, yarn over and pull through 2 loops on the hook - you should still have 3 loops remaining, like in this photo.
Yarn over and pull through all of the loops on your hook and finish with chain 1, the chain 1 closes the cluster like in the photo below.
4. Chain 3 and slip stitch into the ring, your first petal is complete!
5. Complete 4 more petals in the same way. You may have to push your petals closer together as you go so they all fit neatly into the ring.
6. Once you have finished your 5th petal and you have slip stitched into the ring, chain 25 and you are ready to start another flower! Continue on until you reach the desired length then fasten off!
I have also done a little video tutorial to show how to do the petals!
You are welcome to share the pattern, however please acknowledge that the design belongs to Yarn Me Calm.
Please respect my rights as a designer, thank you!
If you have questions about this pattern, please contact me at
I hope you enjoy the pattern!