Having just finished making the Floral Garland I was in the process of writing up the pattern for the Her Star is Born Garland and having a chat with a lovely friend by the name of Wendy!
Wendy had been super busy making up the Floral garland and was planning to make the Her Star is Born Garland for her grandchildren!
Wendy mentioned that she had also been inspired to create a Heart Garland to compliment the two I had created. Wendy showed me some pictures of her gorgeous creations and was kind and generous enough to allow me to pop her pattern up here on The Calming Yarn Blog with the other two garlands for free!
Wendy sent through her pattern to me and I quickly made up a garland using her fabulous pattern.
I made my Rambling Hearts Garland using Scheepjes Secret Garden in Blossom.
Its super soft and I love the colour variations in this yarn.
The Rambling Hearts Garland Pattern.
I used a 3.5mm Clover Amour Hook with my Scheepjes Secret Garden.
I use UK terms throughout.
- Chain 25 and slip stitch into the fifth chain from the hook.
- At this stage your remaining 20 chains should be on the left hand side of your work if you are right handed like me) like in the photo below.
- Move the remaining 20 chains to the right hand side of your work (if you are right handed), like in the photo below.
- Chain 2
- 1 treble into the ring,
- 3 double treble into the ring,
- 4 treble into the ring
- Chain 1, 1 double treble into the ring, chain 1 (heart is halfway complete!)
- 4 treble into the ring,
- 3 double treble into the ring
- 1 treble into the ring
- Chain 2
- Slip stitch into the ring
You have now completed your heart! Chain 25 and you are ready to start another heart! Continue on until you reach the desired length then fasten off!
You are welcome to share the pattern, however please acknowledge that the design belongs to Wendy Bambach. Please respect her rights as a designer, thank you!
Thanks again Wendy for sharing!
If you have questions about this pattern, please contact me at
I hope you enjoy the pattern!