I did a clean up of my crochet space recently and decided my pin cushion was looking a bit worse for wear so decided to make a new one.
I did think that my French carnation flower attached to my scissors was also looking a bit sad but thats another story......
I love pretty accessories and I have this thing about texture (you would never have guessed would you!!!) so these were the basis for my Pop & Pin Cushion.
For my first Pop & Pin Cushion I used Scheepjes Cahlista which is an Aran weight cotton yarn with a 4mm Clover Amour Hook.
For the second Pop & Pin Cushion I used a combination of Katia Bombay and Scheepjes Catona Mercerised cotton in a 4 ply with a 3.5mm Clover Amour Hook.
Both worked out beautifully but were obviously different sizes. I would suggest using a cotton yarn for your Pop & Pin Cushion in whichever weight works for you!
back loop only
double crochet 2 together
UK terms used throughout.
Beginning popcorn stitch:
3. Slip stitch into the next chain space.
4. Chain 1, 2 double crochet in the same space.
To double crochet 2 together:
- insert hook into the first stitch and pull up a loop, do not finish the stitch - you should have 2 loops on the hook,
- then insert hook into the next stitch and pull up a loop, you should have 3 stitches on the hook.
- yarn over and pull through all 3 stitches.
You are welcome to share the pattern, however please acknowledge that the design belongs to Yarn Me Calm.
Please respect my rights as a designer, thank you!
Tag your make on Instagram #popandpincushion
If you have questions about this pattern, please contact me at
I hope you enjoy the pattern!